REAL Mentoring Program
Mentoring is a big part of what we do to provide opportunities for leadership and connection. In partnership with the Alberta Mentoring Partnership, our programs train mentors who are then matched with younger mentees. Click here for pictures of our mentors and mentees.
What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is the presence of a caring individual who provides a young person with support, advice, friendship, reinforcement and constructive role-modelling over time. Mentoring is about building relationships.
Research supports that school-based mentoring impacts positive outcomes for children and youth including:
- increased high school completion rates
- improved attitudes about staying in school
- enhanced academic motivation and achievement
- improved social skills and behavior
- improved resiliency
- strengthened peer, school and family relationships
- reduced risk of involvement with drugs
- increased sense of belonging in the school community
We are always looking for community mentors. If you are interested, please contact us.